Friday, May 16, 2014

Story First

Well, I've pondered it over and I've come to the decision that I'm going to focus on the story first.  Why?  The biggest reason is that my number one passion is for the story ... what I have to say and how I want to say it.  Gaming the story is a big thing to me ... but not as big as the story itself.  And the way I see it now is this: writing the story and focusing on that moves me closer to the day when I can game the story.  Gaming someone else's scenario, especially on top of working 60 hour weeks, just draws away more of that precious commodity of which I have so little already, not time, but mental energy. It takes a lot of inner energy, mental and intuitive, for me to write well.  Days cluttered with tons of activities and weeks filled with busy days don't allow for a lot of extra inner energy for writing. Creative writing isn't a mindless activity like watching TV or playing a video game that one can do when your inner resources are depleted, and which may actually help recharge your batteries. While writing does energize me when I do it, it also takes energy to do it.  

Story design, here we come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment